Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Dark Day: Part VII

As we walk down the long corridor its looking less and less like a hospital and becoming more and more like a slaughterhouse. I look to my right and see nothing but bodies hanging from meat hooks. I look to my left and see piles upon piles of bodies on the floor. Their chests ripped open as if they had been picked apart by vultures. I continue to push this bleeding woman down the hallway. I can start to hear a faint voice. As we continue to walk the voice becomes more and more prominent. "The Pastor!" the woman says. I grab her and cover her mouth with my hand and lean up against the wall as I make my way closer to the voice. I reached a doorway to the room that the voice was coming from. All I kept hearing a was a very southern accent and he was preaching, like he was preaching to a mass amount of people. "Follow me to salvation! I will guide you to the promised land! Give your body and soul to me and I will show you the way!" The voice continued to say. As I peeked in, the room was completely empty. No one in sight whatsoever. I let go of the woman's mouth and walked into the dimly lit room. The voice was coming from a small radio in the room and sounded like a continuous loop. I turn off the radio and start to hear moans coming from the dark end of the room. I flip a light switch and see four zombies chained up against the wall. They lay their eyes on me and being to moan and groan viciously like I'm prime rib. These zombies look different than the others. They almost look malnourished, well I guess as malnourished as a walking copse can get. Its like they've been starved. "What's going on in here?" I ask her. "We have to run tests on them. All kinds of tests. This one in particular is a starvation test. We are trying to see how long these things will continue to exist without any kind of nutrition." She explains. "How long has it been?" I ask. She walks over to a clipboard and looks over some of the papers. "Its been five days." She says. "You mean these things could possibly starve and die off and this'll all be over?!" I ask. "Possibly but its only been 5 days. Further testing is still needed. For all we know these things could go on forever without eating a single thing since they have no working internal organs at all." She tells me. "And this Pastor guy, some rouge Jesus freak?" I ask her as she goes through more paperwork in binders. "The Pastor is the man that's going to save this world with his research. He is going to cleanse the world of all of its impurities and rebuild the world to the way it SHOULD be. We will repopulate the world and the children I produce will be pure." She tells me with an insane look on her face. Its almost as if she has been trained or brainwashed to repeat her little speech. I go ahead and decide to ask her the million dollar question while she's looking through more paperwork. "If he's going to save this world and protect you to continue life here then where is this asshole?" She stares down at her binder for a minute and then drops it to the floor. "What's wrong? Strike a nerve?" I ask her. She then looks at me, let's out a blood-curdling scream and charges at me with nothing to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment