Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Dark Day: Part II

I'm back at "Camp", if you can even call it that. This isn't one of those "Fun swinging from trees, screw with the counselors, making out with your crush, hiking up and down hills" type of camp. This is the last safe spot that out there as far as I know....a damn 18 wheeler trailer. Its reinforced at all ends but is hot as hell with the sun shining down on it. I think I've lost about 15lbs in the last 2 weeks or so. All I have to eat is a shit load of SPAM that I found at some local grocery store. I'm even scared to eat that.....I hope SPAM doesn't go bad or anything, cause that would really suck. Food is really starting to become very scarce and I really don't know what to do. I'm running out of options. If I try to hunt for an animal or something I'm taking a risk that it could be infected with whatever it is those people are infected with. Most fruits and vegetables have already gone bad and if I eat nothing but sweets my body will crash after a while from the sugar. All thats left is me and my SPAM. Good old SPAM. I'm going to try to get some sleep.

What the hell? As soon as I open my eyes, I see the trailer door cracked open. I didn't leave it open. I look around the trailer but all I see is darkness of course. My hands start to tremble and my heart begins to beat faster like always. I can never get used to this. I have to stay completely quite. I have to try not to move. I slowly and gently reach for the lighter in my pocket. Not being able to see is the worst......you feel so vulnerable. I have the lighter in my hand and turn it on. There's a guy standing in the middle of the trailer with his hand missing. I jump up and when he doesn't lunge at me I figure out that he's not one of them. I ask him if he's alright but all he answers back with is "help, help, help". He's going delirious from the blood loss. I walk up to him slowly and help him kneel down towards the trailer door. I keep telling him it's going to be alright and not to worry. I make sure he stays propped up, and I walk to the back of the trailer into the darkness. All I hear is his breathing. I come running out of the darkness with a sledgehammer in hand and crush his head wide open. I can't take any chances....he most likely got it bitten off. Like I said before, this is about survival and if anyone's going to survive.....It's going to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment