Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Dark Day: Part IV

Its been 27 days since the outbreak. The only way I know is by counting sunrises and sunsets and making tallies. It gives me a somewhat sense of normalcy. Still there seems to be no end to this. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Something seems different today though. I can sense it even sitting in this tin can of mine. The air seems too calm out there, almost like everything has stopped. Usually I can hear the moaning of those bastards every so often, but right now I don't hear a thing. I stand up and take a look out of one of the vents.........nothing, absolutely nothing. I grab my machete and look out a few of the other vents. Nothing. I'm going to have to check this out. I walk towards the door with my machete ready and unlock the door. I push it open with my foot and back up. I have to wait a while just in case. Again, nothing. As I glance out the trailer I see..........emptiness. What the hell is happening? All I see is dirt blowing in the wind. Did these things get scared away by something? Maybe they ate the whole population already and now they're slowly dying off. Maybe all of this is over and things can slowly go back to normal. Wishful thinking. I look from my right to my left and I see a baseball bat coming my way..................shit.

I wake up from my nap dizzy and seeing double, not to mention the throbbing headache. Where the fuck am I? This room that I'm in can only be described as possibly a run down operating room but I can't be sure. I can see a vague outline of a person across the room standing with their back to me and messing with something on a table. "Hey!" I yelled at the person. I get up and try to walk to the person but quickly realize I'm chained to the floor by my hands and feet. "What the fuck are you doing?!" I demanded as I pull on the chains. The person turns slightly but ignores my question. "Let me go! You can't do this to me!" I start yelling. I keep trying to get myself loose but I'm not having any luck. Whoever this is acts like I'm not even here, like they can't hear me. As I look around the room I can see old blood stains on the floor. Not too old but old enough to stain the concrete. I'm starting feel dizzy again, I think need to sit back down for a minute. I plop myself on the floor and I can feel my eyes starting to close. Don't pass out. Don't pass out. I won't make it out of here if I do. My body slowly slumps to the side and I hit the floor. This can't happen. I've lasted this long. Stay up. Come on. My vision gets blurry and my eyes continue to try to keep themselves open. The person is walking towards me now. All I see is black calf-high combat boots getting closer and closer. I'm losing this battle. I need....to...stay...al......

No comments:

Post a Comment